Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC) was established at Iqra National University Swat (INU) on 2019. ORIC strives to promote teaching and research in emerging areas in Management Sciences, Computer Sciences, Art and Design, Applied and Health Sciences, and Engineering & Technology etc. The main role of ORIC is described below:
- Provide assistance in formation of research groups in the relevant fields offered at University.
- Identify research opportunities for faculty members
- National and international collaborations with public and private industries and universities in the form of MOUs.
- Providing guidelines to all departments/ faculty to apply for research grants
- Introduce the incentive policies for faculty to write proposals and win research grants and write research papers
- Legal, administrative and financial management support of research grants
- Support commercialization, licensing etc, of the university research products
- Promotion of the research culture
- Encouraging the publishing of the subject journals
- Focal point for all the research related works in connection with funds/liaison with the funding agencies
- Creating awareness regarding the ongoing research.
- To strengthen university-industry linkages through ORIC
- Arranging Research Seminars/Conferences and provide information and assistance to welcome participants all over Pakistan
- To bring the quality of research at par with international standards
- Responsible to interact with HEC and get updates
- Maintain efficient and productive communication channels with HEC and other funding agencies
- To keep track of all the researches carried out in the University by faculty and staff and then commercialize the relevant research to reap maximum benefit for the industry and therefore translating the research into public benefit.
- To deal with plagiarism cases and to advance an anti-plagiarism culture via powerful software “Turnitin” for detecting plagiarism.
Researcher/ departments/faculty are therefore requested to send all research grant applications/ funding requests for research activities to any funding agency through ORIC.